Yum doesn’t this look and sound good? Blackened Chicken with Avocado Cream Sauce + Quinoa. Anything with avocado cream sauce and I’m in!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 chicken breast, 1 cup quinoa, 1/8 cup of cream sauce
- 4 — 4 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup scallions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice, divided
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ avocado
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- In a medium size sauce pan, bring the chicken broth to a boil. Add quinoa, turn heat down to low, and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, covered. When it’s finished cooking (no liquid left), stir in scallions and a 1/2 Tbsp of lemon.
- In a small bowl, mix paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, onion powder, salt and pepper. Rub all over chicken breasts.
- Spray a large frying pan with non-stick cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, cook chicken for 7 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Tip: cover the pan while cooking.
- Meanwhile, mix Greek yogurt, remaining lemon juice, garlic powder and avocado in a food processor.
- To serve, place the chicken on a bed of quinoa and drizzle the sauce on top.